Kid & Parent “Create a Video Game” 2-day Session
This two day program is for kids aged 8-14 to learn how to make video games WITH their parents. You’ll both learn about storytelling, stories that have multiple endings, character development, what makes games fun and how to make your own game. You’ll be using our software StoryStylus and you can keep using it for a full year after together.
- Storytelling basics – what are the nouns of your story – people, place, things, conversations
- What kind of games do you want to make? Are they simple or do they have lots of possible endings?
- Homework – take photos or make drawings of your characters and locations, write out your story
- Learn how to do basic programming (we’ve taught kids as young as 10, so you’ll be okay, Mom/Dad!)
- Put all the pieces of your story together
- How to test and share your story game on the web, Facebook and tablet
LIMITED to 6 parent/child teams per session.
Participants will be working at the One More Story Games studio. We are located at 80 Bradford Street, Suite #328, Barrie.
~ ~ ~ ~
COST – $250 including HST if paying by cheque, cash, Interac email (firstname.lastname@example.org), $260 if paying by credit card (via PayPal)
Please join our mailing list if you are interested in receiving updates on after-school, weekend or week-long camps for your child: Click here.
Please contact Jean Leggett at email@example.com or 705-828-5326 if you have any questions about our program.